June 6, 2014
Junior year. Wow, that's both an impressive and terrifying thing. It meant that you are expected to be mature and responsible in every aspect.
I still remember the last weeks I had in sophomore year. I was so happy that year, making friends that I didn't know I would make, and learn things I didn't know a high school taught. It was the perfect mix of students, making a happy and light aura in the room.
On the last days of the school year, we never talked about junior year. No, we ignored it. After all, it was a problem for future times.
But when the time came and we had no choice but to be ripped apart of a family we had loved, we reluctantly agreed and parted ways. Shockingly, we didn't want summer to come. We wanted us to stay together. Summer didn't feel like it. No, it felt like Christmas break or a holiday of some sort. A part of me was expecting to go to the yellow painted room on the second floor and see the section that has made me feel so radiant and full of life.
But unfortunately, I was thrown into a maroon room, full of people I didn't know and had never made conversation with for the past two years. Not to mention the teachers that look intimidating, hard to please and had expectations that are too far-fetched. I wasn't happy.
However, I still had my friends who would save me from the awkward stares and conversations to people I was unfamiliar with. That, I was thankful for.
The first day was a like a slow pacing clock, I felt like it was the longest day of my life. You know what they say, time flies too fast when you're having fun, and unfortunately I wasn't.
At the end of the day, it seems like I was mistaken. Slowly, I was starting to like this section. I have classmates who are friendly and easy to approach, teachers who have a nice and funny side, and an adviser who is both disciplined and fun, and have a list of rules I am surprisingly happy with.
A place I could really throw myself into studying and fun at the same time. Maybe I am in the right place.
The next few days were better than I expected. People were laughing most of the time, making me stifle a laugh or two. Teachers were nice, cracking jokes all the time, smiling and making us comfortable in a short span of time. The room was clean, spacious and organized. It was great. The section was in the middle of fun and quiet, giving students time to learn without distractions. You see, sophomore year was wonderful, but one thing I kind of resented was the fact that it was so crowded, making you distracted and forget about your priorities. No one was studying in advance or passing their papers on time. It was like being on cloud nine. But sometimes you need to learn to go down and face the music.
The days just keep getting better and better. This year may not be similar to others, but who cares? Its about the memories and lessons you get to remember. And with the kind of environment I'm in, I'm sure these are the kinds that you remember forever.
First impressions are important. But in my opinion, there is more to the person than the first thought you get of him/her. They get to prove you wrong in time and teach you that the most unexpected things might happen, but if you embrace it, it might just be the best thing for you.
To Nine Hydrogen, I hope we have a beautiful ten months together. One for the ages.
-aacs x
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento